Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 2-year-old son spent every day last week with 3 other

Customer Question

My 2-year-old son spent every day last week with 3 other kids who have since been diagnosed with strep. We took my son in on Monday after he woke up from a nap barely able to talk and he was tested for strep. It was negative. He's still got a nasty cough and generally out of sorts. Can it still be strep? Could we have had him tested before he had completely come down with it?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Since Monday. He was completely fine even in the morning and then woke up in the afternoon from a nap with the cough seemingly out of the blue. But it was severe and we knew the other boys had strep so we took him in immediately.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.