Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter is 15 months old and has been running a fever on…

My daughter is 15...

My daughter is 15 months old and has been running a fever on and off for the past 24 hours. She hasn’t had much of an appetite for the past 4 days now. She seems to be playing like normal but has been more needy and wanting to be held often. My husband has a bad cold so I thought this could just be that but for the first time while having a fever her hands and feet are very cold. She always runs hot and almost never has cold hands and feet. I’m nervous because when you google this is comes up as menangitis.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Yes she has a fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, she is otherwise very healthy. She did recently receive her 15 month immunizations (about a week ago)

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Is she drowsy?

Pain in neck?

Does she has vomiting?

Is she having high grade fever?

Throat infection?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

She did not seem overly tired throughout the day. She is only 15 months old so I’m not sure if her neck is bothering her or any other muscle pains. She has not been vomiting at all. Her fever has been between 101-103 on and off I haven’t taken her to the doctor yet so I don’t know if she has a throat infection.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

First of all i would make clear, that her symptoms are not related with Meningitis. Please be relaxed.

Please stop searching for her symptoms on Dr. Google. This may give confusing results.

Many of the articles, are written by unprofessional, and may only lead to stress and worry.

Give her cold sponges on arms and legs, so that fever comes down.

In case, her fever get raised to 102.2°F (39°C), than it should be immediately checked.

If she is crying, extremely irritable, develops rash, have vomiting, than it should be immediately checked in ER.

I understand that you are worried for her cold hands and feet.

This can occur at time of Viral flu. No need to panic.

keep an eye on her health.

In case, fever doesn't come down in next 6 hours, than please take her to ER.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician