Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Pediatrician
Experience:  MD at Kid Care Pediatrics
94200738

My son has only had 1 wet diaper today. Defecated twice

Customer Question

My son has only had 1 wet diaper today. Defecated twice diaper dry besides that. He has 2 8 oz bottles of milk and 14 oz of water. Should I be worried and what could be the cause
JA: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?
Customer: They have been fine. He is 15 months old and is 34 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds. He just had an exam yesterday and received ddap vaccine and flu shot
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He is a healthy little boy no other medical concerns
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Eric Goldstein replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

This is generally not anything to worry about, even though this is not his typical pattern. Any number of wet diapers, even just barely wet, is good. When a child goes a full 24 hours without a wet diaper, then it is usually a concern about hydration status. However, a one day total of one wet diaper is fine.