Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son may have just swallowed some of his bath water with…

Customer Question
My son may have...

My son may have just swallowed some of his bath water with colloidal oatmeal in it. Should I worry? I don’t think he got much in him

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Yes he is above average in height and weight

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is getting over hand foot and mouth right now.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

He’s ok otherwise.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
11/22/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

Thank you for waiting.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
I understand your concern.
Small amount diluted in bath water would not cause side effect.
If the concentration is more then it could cause dizzy feeling, breathlessness.
Still, I would advise to call local poison control center at 1-***-***-****.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.