Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is T1D 12 years old. He was prescribed synthroid and…

Customer Question
Hi :) my son...

Hi :) my son is T1D 12 years old. He was prescribed synthroid and now has high BG. Is it because of the medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Rapid, lantus and now synthroid. Doctor doesn't even remember writing the script

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
11/20/2017
Pediatrician: Richard Han, Board Certified Pediatrician replied 7 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified Pediatrician

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Please answer a few questions for me. What range do your son's blood sugars usually run when under good control? How much Synthroid was he prescribed, in mcg and when did he start? When did you start noticing the higher glucose levels, and how high are they running now, compared to his usual normal range? Thank you in advance for your replies.