Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

Sons temperature is 96.1. Has cough and runny nose. Gabe him…

Sons temperature is 96.1...

Sons temperature is 96.1. Has cough and runny nose. Gabe him 5 ml of motion around 9 pm. He's asleep now and was sweating a lot

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Only 2 days. No other symptoms or than around 8 pm he was really tired. He did eat soup and drank half a bottle of water

11/18/2017
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

How old is he?

How was the temperature before?

How many times did you give him Motrin?

Hello again,
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
96 degree is a bit low but not alarming.
Low temperature is due to Motrin.
Please keep room warm.
You can make the room heater on.
Wipe the sweat.
You can cover him with a blanket.
Hot water bag can be kept under blanket.
Hope it will be normal after a while.
Next time give him Tylenol instead of Motrin if it is needed.
If the temperature goes further low, you should take him to ER.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you so much!

You are always welcome.
Please click on the Excellent/Good rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards

His temperature is back up to 98.6. Should I keep monitoring his temperature all dayy?
He feels a bit warm now. Should I continue to give him Tylenol and/or mucinex or Claritin for his cough and congestion?

How old is he?

5 years old
weighs about 38 lbs and is 40" tall

You can give him Claritin.
At this level of temperature, he would not need Tylenol or Motrin.
Please monitor his temperature.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Thank you for all go up responses! You have eased my mind soooo much and saved me a trip! I appreciate everything!
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician