Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 6 years old he has allergy to elm trees and

Hi my son is 6...
Hi my son is 6 years old he has allergy to elm trees and somentypea of nuts, cashew for sure, i heard that kids with allergy mustvtake flu shot its better, is that true? Or thats irrelevant, i wasnt inclined to give my kids flu shot this year as i feel its doing more harm than good to them.
10/5/2017
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified Pediatrician
Hello my name is***** and I am a board-certified pediatrician. I am happy to help. Along with his food and environmental allergies, does your son have eczema or asthma?
Only if your son has asthma would it be more prudent than not to get a flu vaccine, since asthma patients have a higher incidence of lung complications with the flu. Otherwise, children with allergies do not have to get a flu shot.Do you have any other questions or concerns I can help with? If not, please click the button to accept the answer and conclude our interaction. I would also appreciate the kindness of a positive review. Thank you.
No asthma, so its ok not to take flu shot
Do you recommend flu shot or not
it is okay to pass on the flu shot.
Can I help with anything else?
No thats all i have thank you for ur help
You are very welcome! If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please click the button to accept the answer. I would also appreciate the kindness of a positive review. Thank you
Richard Han