Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 6 years old and was sent home from his friends…

Customer Question
My son is 6 years...
My son is 6 years old and was sent home from his friends last week because he wanted to look at his friends penis, is this normal and how do you talk to him about it?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
10/2/2017
Pediatrician: Richard Han, Board Certified Pediatrician replied 10 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified Pediatrician
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician and I am happy to help you. When situations like you described above, while it can be socially awkward and disconcerting for parents, it’s important to know that that type of behavior can be perfectly normal in children your son’s age. Can you tell me a little about his background: does he have any chronic medical problems? Any siblings, and if so, ages and genders? Does he live at home with both parents or does he spend time between two homes?
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 10 months ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hi, Just ignore his behavior and try to reason with him about avoiding such acts in future.

No other action is required, matter is closed.

Good luck.