Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son has a small cluster of blister like bumps in a

Customer Question
straight line formation on his...
My son has a small cluster of blister like bumps in a straight line formation on his forehead. He's had these bumps for a while now with no problems so we ignored them. As of recently they've turned red & he's complaining that they're hurting him. I am not able to get him in to see the doctor till next month, is this worth visiting outpatients for or should we wait till we can see our family doctor.
Also any ideas you may have of what this is & what we can do in the meantime before we can get him in to see a doctor would be great.
Thank you :)
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
9/19/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 9 months ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hi, the lesions could be due to a virus like herpes zoster which cause blisters which are painful. Please manage with Tylenol till you see your doctor and apply antiseptic ointment to prevent bacterial infection. If still not healed, your paediatrician may prescribe drug for same to be taken orally.

Good luck.