Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has pimple like bumps on her inner arm in the…

Customer Question
My daughter has pimple...

My daughter has pimple like bumps on her inner arm in the crease by her elbow

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

She has been healthy and they have been persistent for about 4+ months- even Getting in on the back side of her knee and one in her armpit

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, some of them can be popped like a zit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
9/8/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Saha, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

H​ello, Thank you for using Justanswer. How old is she? Is there any pain? or any other symptom? Did she get any treatment? Can you send a picture?

We have used creams for eczema And triple antibiotic ointment, and eucerian cream. Nothing seems to work.

Is it possible to send a picture?

She is 4, healthy other than these bumps- sometimes they itch- when they get really raised they don't bother her unless they are touched.

Please send a picture.

I tried to send a picture

Thank you for the picture. Those can be warts. There can be secondary inflammation or infection.

The easy method is to get the wart freezed or zapped it electrically by a doctor.

It will be rapid & easy.

Salicylic acid preparation can be used.

However, it can irritate there.

The other method is to freeze them by otc aerosol, cryosurgery kit, silver nitrate pencil etc.

But as she is a young child, it is better done by doctor or dermatologist.

Sometimes, these go away on their own.

I would suggest to get her checked by doctor for confirmation.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.

They can be warts if they can be popped like a pimple and white stuff comes out?

There can be secondary inflammation of sebaceous glands. The white stuff is secretion of sebaceous glands. You can apply warm, moist compress.

Ok. Is Molluscum an option too?

Molluscum is also a viral infection. It is possible too. All those can pass away without treatment.

Ok. Thank you.

You are welcome. Best wishes.