Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein,
Experience:  MD at Kid Care Pediatrics
94200738

My 8yo sons skin around his penis is red and inflamed.

Customer Question

My 8yo sons skin around his penis is red and inflamed. Tender, but no other symptoms. No bites or scratches that I can see.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: He just told me and I'm not sure what makes it better. He took a shower and said it was purple then.
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No other problems. He went to the greenfield over the weekend and has 3mosquito bites on his back. Nothing around penis
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Eric Goldstein replied 1 month ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.
This happens commonly with younger boys. In most cases it is simple skin irritation but it can sometimes be exquisitely painful. I recommend keeping a layer of Vaseline on it at all times. This will help decrease this irritation and allow the skin to heal. Additionally, make sure he is cleaning himself appropriately when he bathes.