Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My granddaughter has been very tensed and twitching is that

Customer Question
normal JA: How have your child's...
my granddaughter has been very tensed and twitching is that normal
JA: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?
Customer: That I know of every thing has been ok she just lost a little bit of weight but I know it's normal for that to happen
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No just notice that she has been doing that very often
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/4/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.
Since when is she having these symptoms?

How frequently does it occur?

How old is she?

Is she taking any medicine?

I been noticing it's been very often like every 5 to 20 min.
She is going to be 1 month on 9/7/17
And no she don't take any medication
Please don't leave me wondering cause I'm scared and nervous I really feel something may be wrong

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
I understand your concern.
Muscle twitch is often benign.
Benign twitch can be due to electrolyte, calcium and vitamin deficiency.
Anxiety, stress, excess caffeine can also cause it.
Muscle fatigue can have a role.
As she is tensed there can be anxiety state.
Though neurological disorder can be a cause but it is usually associated with loss of sensation, weakness, wasting etc.

Please do not worry.
However, I would advise to get an examination by his doctor.
Please give her plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables, fluid to correct any deficiency of electrolytes, minerals.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician