Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My three year old grandson put a straw in an old bucket of…

Customer Question
My three year old grandson...
My three year old grandson put a straw in an old bucket of water with slime in it. I am not sure if he drank any or if I caught him before he drank it. I washed his mouth out, but I am worried about any further complications. He seems fine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/1/2017
Pediatrician: Eric Goldstein, Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Pediatrician

Hello. My Name is***** and I just read through your question.

This is a very common occurrence in this age group. Typically, if the child experiences anything at all, it's just a bit of abdominal discomfort within the first few hours of the ingestion. If he becomes a bit irritable, you will know that this is the reason why. Outside of that, there is nothing to worry about.