Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son is nearly 5 months and has got a couph took him to…

Customer Question
My son is nearly...

My son is nearly 5 months and has got a couph took him to doctors & they said nothing is wrong

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

He had a chest infection but doctor said that was gone & he was on amilox I think for his chest infection but no medication for his couph because doctor said nothing was wrong

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Amilox he was taking?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No it's for my son could it be broncilitis

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/1/2017
Pediatrician: Dr Josh, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how many days he is having cough?

Is he still taking amilox?

Any fever now?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

His had it for over a week now, no not taking it no more & no fever, should he keep taking the medication
Was gonna make a trip to hospital

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

Please wait for the detailed answer that I am going to post it in a moment

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Ok thanks

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Yes,most probably he is having bronchitis now.Acute bronchitis is an infection of the bronchial tree.Acute bronchitis is generally caused by lung infections.

Sometimes the cough from bronchitis lasts for several days or for weeks .This is because the bronchial tree is taking a long time to heal. The amilox he took might not have cured the infection completely.

Use a humidifier to help keep the air moist and your sputum thin. This makes it easier to cough up the sputum.

Dry coughs are treated with cough suppressants also called antitussives.Dextromethorphan, Diphenhydramine,codeine are the common one.Other cough suppressants include simple linctus, glycerin and lemon and honey, which coat and soothe the back of the throat.

He needs to get prescribed with cough syrup & also oral antibiotics may be prescribed further accordingly.

Yes,I advise you to take him to hospital for examination & accordingly above described medications will be prescribed that will provide him great relief.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Dear customer

If you still have any questions regarding cough of your son,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician