Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter received a rocephin injection Monday morning for

Customer Question
an ear infection . She...
My daughter received a rocephin injection Monday morning for an ear infection . She had been fever free since this morning and then all of a sudden she had a very high spike in temp this evening .
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: She's had fever this morning at about 5am and then started again at 6pm with 102.8 fever ( She's 1 ) and she does have congestion now
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: That's about it
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
7/26/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 3 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

Did doctor prescribe any other medicine besides a dose of Rocephin injection on Monday?

How old is she?

She is one and only other meds is to alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen as needed

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
From her symptoms, it is likely to be a respiratory infection.
She may need other antibiotics to follow up.
I would advise to take her to doctor in the morning.
Please continue Tylenol & Ibuprofen as you are doing.
Give her plenty of fluid & keep the room warm & humidified.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician