Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS, Fellowship in sports medicine. Deals with general pediatric surgical disorders.
5625079

My son has had a high temp for two days, even with Motrin.

Customer Question

My son has had a high temp for two days, even with Motrin. Today he broke his fever and went most of the day without a fever. Before bed his temp was low but around 100.5. I gave him Motrin he has been asleep for about 3 hours. I checked his temp and it's at 94.0. That sounds very low
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: Started Friday evening broke this morning (Monday) around 8 am he temp was normal. ( it's my son he is 6) no respiratory symptoms
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No medical conditions
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I just came online and saw your question unanswered.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I did pay for an answer so yes please. Is it concerning that after having high fevers for 48 hours then have no fever for 8 run a low grade temp and receive Motrin in response to the low grade before bed, and then suddenly have a below average temp?

The below normal temperature occurs because of Motrin, which causes sweating or water evaporation from the skin. So skin temperature is lowered than normal. This is not an unusual phenomenon.
The Internal body temperature remains near normal so metabolic functions are not deranged. If there are any symptoms; replenishment of electrolytes and by Gatorade and Pedialyte is recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hope your son is doing good.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.