Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Are you informed of childhood parasomnia? Thank you for your

Customer Question

Hi! Are you informed of childhood parasomnia?
JA: No. I'm the Pediatrician's Assistant.
Customer: Ok, thank you for your time, but I'm trying to help me find someone who could give me more information regarding the treatment for childhood parasomnia. Have a lovely day.
JA: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?
Customer: Yes, perfect in all the above and milestones at school, but our family is at its wit ends with his nighttime issues. He has been like this since born. Never really sleeping. Rocking from side to side and outbursts of crying.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: As he has gotten older it has now progressed to constant nightly, night terrors and wakings every night. Once he awakes from them he then cannot sleep for another 2-3 hours. Non that I can think of, although we do have a family history of sleep walkers, including my eldest son. He is not exposed to TV or iPad gadgets and has set bath time, bedtime routines. So I struggle to understand what causes this.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help?

just click send to reply