Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 7 YO son probably has seasonal allergies. He is always…

My 7 YO son probably...
My 7 YO son probably has seasonal allergies. He is always sniffing/snorting to deal with this. I tell him to blow his nose, but instead he chronically is snorting. Are there risks with this? I am the father and the mother does not want to treat him. I want to convey the risks of not gettting this treated/tested to the mother. Thanks
5/11/2017
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

Since when is he having this issue?
Does he have any other symptom? pain, fever?
When was he last checked by doctor?

He has this issue mostly during the heavy pollen season. He had it prior years around this time. He does not have other symptoms but has some health problems due to asbergers. He was checked by an ENT in December that said to use flonase, but he has not been thoroughly tested. I encourage the use of flonase as a low cost low risk way to start to treat this. If flonase does not work, then I feel another ENT appt is needed. Thoughts?

Thank you for the input.
I am sorry for his symptoms.
You are right.
Flonase can be used to reduce his symptoms.
If Flonase does not work, he should be examined by an ENT specialist again.
He would rule out any nasal problem like septal deviation, hypertrophy of turbinate etc.
An examination by an allergist can be taken too.
Blood count, allergy tests can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Excellent, quick answer

You are always welcome.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards

Also I accidentally clicked the "call me" button. I did not intend to do this and do not want to be billed for it. No need to call.
Thanks

It is not necessary to call.
Some customers want it.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician