Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2 year old son has had runny nose and mild temperature.

He's had very smelly stool...
My 2 year old son has had runny nose and mild temperature. He's had very smelly stool that seem to have whiteish rubbery lumps/balls in them. Should I be concerned? He's otherwise very happy and is still eating and drinking. Thanks! Concerned first time mum.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He eats corn puffs
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be that?
2/23/2017
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Hi, yes some undigested stuff in poo but harmless if no mucus or blood. Please give more of rice dish for a couple of days. Good luck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it isn't a problem with his liver/gallbladder. I read white stool bits can mean that

No nothing of that sort. Only unchewed food passing undigested. With liver duct obstruction the whole stool is clay-colored.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician