How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 31664
Experience:  Many years of outpatient experience with all age groups
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son fell face first into a piece of furniture and now has

Customer Question

Hello! My son fell face first into a piece of furniture and now has a bruise under his eye and blood in his nose and initially a small amount of blood from his eye. Should I take him to the ER?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Happened 20 minutes ago. no breathing problems
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip and sorry for the delay

Yes he needs the ER since he may have cracked his nasal bone and maybe also the orbital bone around his eye and he needs evaluation and x-rays

Please let me know if you need any more information