Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter got hit in the knee while playing soccer last

Customer Question
night it is swollen what...
My daughter got hit in the knee while playing soccer last night it is swollen what should i do?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Yes .... She cannot walk well. Using ice but crying for pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
11/8/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

Did you give any medicine?

How large is the swelling?

Hello again,

I was waiting for response from you.

As the swelling, pain is so much, I would advise to get her an examination by doctor.
An X ray/ scan should be taken to rule out an injury to bone or joint.
Meanwhile, you can continue ice.
It needs to be applied after wrapping in towel or cloth.
You can give her tylenol for pain.

Keep her knee at rest and a bit elevated.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician