Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter is 10 and has asthma, she has a cold and has

Customer Question
My daughter is 10 and...
My daughter is 10 and has asthma , she has a cold and has wheezing with it . I gave her her nebulizer 2 times today . How often can I give her a treatment ? Do I have to wait 4 hours in between especially if she's wheezing I'm taking her to the dr in the morning but till then just want to know how long I have to wait between treatments
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

Which nebulizer is she taking?

Does she have any other symptom?

how is breathing now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She uses the albuteral , she just has a cold , stuffy nose, itchy eyes. After her treatment she is fine just a little wheezing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just wasn't sure how often I can give her a treatment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello are you still there ?

Thank you for the input.
I am sorry for her symptoms.
Albuterol should be given 4-6 hourly.
More frequent administration is not recommended without examination of doctor.
You can keep the room warm & humidified.
Please give her adequate fluid.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician