Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 10 year old son started complaining of pain in his groin/

Customer Question

My 10 year old son started complaining of pain in his groin/ thigh area a few days ago - we assumed he pulled his muscle in karate. Since then he has been complaining of pain and having a hard time walking. It is about the same in terms of painful according to him as it was yesterday. Yesterday he had a low grade fever and this evening he has developed a higher fever. It was a bit over 102 , now around 101.5. Is this fever a sign something is very wrong? If his fever stays at this level can I wait until tomorrow to take him to the dr or does he need the ER. My husband thinks the fever is a separate issue from the leg- but it is very odd to me and I think it is too weird of a coincidence.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 9 months ago.

Hi, sorry about this illness. Joint sepsis is a high possibility so please take him to ER or a pediatric hospital with orthopedic specialist for urgent evaluation and treatment.

Good luck to him.

Please post update on his symptom. Please rate positively.