Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son got his rotovirus vaccine and almost an hour later he

Customer Question
spit up however he has...
My son got his rotovirus vaccine and almost an hour later he spit up however he has gerd and I'm not sure if that was the vaccine or his gerd- Anyways this is his second out of third dose he is 4 months old and had his set at 2 months which he had gotten sleepy and didn't spit that set or had any gerd spit out- This time around he spit some of his Tylenol out before the shots so I'm unsure if he got an adequate dosage so he is a little crankier which he can take it again at 4 hours which is in about an hour from now so Should I worry about the spit up and would he be cool sidered vaccinated? I think it was just under an hour, and how do I clean it up being it went all over his car seat, face and down to his belly button. It is live correct? Is there any concern with anyone coming in co tact with the live vaccine?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

I am sorry for his symptoms.
As he vomited about an hour after vaccination, all part of the vaccine may not get out along with spitting.
A very small amount of live virus mixed with spitting would not cause any infection.
After cleaning the area, wash your hand well.
We usually give 2-3 doses of rota virus vaccine.
Third dose is usually optional.
As he vomited in this dose, you should not miss the third dose.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician