Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My four year old son has been experiencing frequent urges to

Customer Question

Hello, my four year old son has been experiencing frequent urges to pee for the last three days. It is getting worse and worse. Today, he literally could not get far away from the bathroom without going back. Most of the time, he produced very little to no urine. He is not thirsty. He acts fine otherwise, but this really upsets him and interfered with his activities. When he is in preschool (2.5 hours), he does not go at all. He holds it and as soon. As I pick him up, he goes immediately and then it is non stop. What could it be? I have another son with Type 1, but the symptoms are different since he hardly produces any urine most of the time.,, it is just that he feels that urge
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry about this symptom. First please get his urine sample, morning one preferably, tested in lab. Meanwhile try giving extra fluid and drug pyridium for this urge.
If infection found, antibact. drug prescription necessary. Good luck to him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it is an infection... What else could it be
Only 2-3 tests can decide. It could also be urethra irritation.