Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter had vagnial bleeding and clot like blood coming

Customer Question
from her vagin. she is...
my daughter had vagnial bleeding and clot like blood coming from her vagin. she is ave year old. I took her to the dr today and urine sample came back large amount of blood but nothing else . she sent us for a renal ultrasound and think that was clear as the dr on site sent us on our way. went to go get her blood work done and they couldn't get enough blood it was clotting with low flow. we are going back for bloodworm tomorrow morning first thing. She did recently grow breast buds but my dr said she does not think its precocious puberty. any ideas I'm feaking out over here and my dr didn't seem to give me any ideas or comfort!
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: perfect she is very happy just started kindergarten
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: she had a staph infection over month ago on her bottom labial adhesion since birth and complains of itching a little pain when peeing and wiping?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
9/19/2016
Pediatrician: khagihara, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

she is ave year old? How old is she?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5 years old sorry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's seems to have stopped within 24 hours and turned more brown before stopping ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not stopped just bathed her and wipes and slight pink blood from when wiped and and some coagulation of blood and some white discharge . So worried can't sleep til results of sonogram and blood work and culture !
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be a yeast infection middle of August she just finished a round of antibiotics for a staph infection near her rectum. She has big unusual white discharge prior to the bleeding !
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello isn't anyone getting back to me ?

Sorry for the delay because there was emergency. There are some possibilities. Vaginal trauma, tumor, vaginal foreign body, infections, lichen sclerosus, urethral prolapse, genital warts. It is possible that the bleeding is due to infection. If the vaginal culture is negative and vaginal bleeding remains unexplained, vaginoscopy should be undertaken. Studies suggest that vaginoscopy has considerably better diagnostic sensitivity than does non-invasive imaging (ultrasound, computed tomography [CT], magnetic resonance imaging [MRI]), for the diagnoses of foreign body and malignancy. Vaginoscopy refers to use of an instrument, other than a speculum, to visualize the vaginal canal. It is used most often for examination of children.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for your reply and very sorry about an emergency. What kind of infection is possible. she complains of itchiness and discomfort and holds her urine in for very long periods of time. could this precocious puberty at all??? definitely no on trauma or abuse at all. heavy discharge prior labial adhesion since birth and just finished a round of antibiotics for a staph infection near rectum and thighs. what could this be its hasn't bled much today at all day 3 just a slight stain on her underwear and none while wiping her? so worried. had bloodworm done today and waiting on that and urine analysis and culture and soon results :*

On average, menarche occurs about two and a half years after the onset of breast development. Precocious puberty is less likely. Of the bacteria that cause vaginitis in girls and women, two are particularly associated with bleeding: Streptococcus pyogenes (group A beta-hemolytic streptococci) and Shigella species. Infections with group A streptococci occur mainly in prepubertal girls. Similarly, Shigella vaginitis has not been reported in girls over the age of 10 years. Candida infection doesn't cause genital bleeding. Intravaginal hemangiomas and Müllerian papillomas can produce vaginal bleeding in infancy or childhood. Episodic vaginal bleeding that remains unexplained after thorough diagnostic investigation has been reported in girls who are either prepubertal or early in the pubertal progression.

khagihara
khagihara