Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son is seven years old and has been vomiting every 15

Customer Question
mins for the past 8...
My son is seven years old and has been vomiting every 15 mins for the past 8 hours. How can I stop the vomiting of bile. Y other four children had the stomach flu as well but none for this long.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: I mean these past few days all had the bug . But he won't stop and he still complains his stomach hurts.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
9/18/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hello, sorry about this condition. If the vomit is green or yellow coloured, you need to take him to a surgeon because of possibility of an obstruction in gut causing this. Meanwhile please maintain his hydration by giving small frequent sips (2 oz or so) of sugar water with dash of salt.

You can try benadryl or domperidone/ondansetron like drug if vomiting is plain watery type.

Good luck to him.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's watery but he continues to complain of stomach pain. He sleeps and awakes just to vomit. All my kids have the vomiting however he is the only one that will not stop. He also has diarrhea. Will Benadryl stop the stomach pain?

Benadryl may not stop cramp, for which you need to give antacid syrup like maalox and di-cyclomine drops or syrup. Another one is merbentyl.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician