How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Yogindra Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3229
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much is it to ask a question to a child psychologist?

Customer Question

How much is it to ask a question to a child psychologist?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Its Your offer - will be displayed with question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already paid and now it wants paid again to ask the question!I would like your opinion as to whether there is cause to be concerned about abuse in a 5 yr old child. He was adopted after being abandoned by the fathers drug addicted niece and the child was drug positive at birth.The father experienced severe physical and sexual abuse as a child and has never sought counseling. He has severe control issues.A first cousin of the father (Kim) also suffered sexual abuse and has an unhealthy obsession with the child and the father. She has also been very vocal about being in love with the father (her cousin) and wanting him to leave his wife (my daughter) She spent time with the child in the first 4 years of his life but her interaction with the child has now been curtailed by my daughter.My daughter was raised without corporal punishment and I have observed what my husband and I consider verbal and mental abuse by the father. I have also observed violent spankings of the child and then apologies by the father.The child has exhibited the following behaviors over the years.*-Severe temper tantrums
*-Biting and hitting his mother
*-Asking his mother to "eat his wee wee'
*-Removing his clothes and refusing to put them on. Also repetitively removing all clothes on a little brother doll.
*- an obsession with wanting his pants and shoes painfully tight
*-hurting pets from about 2-5 years old. Things like poking the eyes and pinching of the dog. Spray painting the dog"s face heavily on the eyes. Squeezing the dog till it yelps. Throwing the dog on the floor etc.My daughter is in complete denial and blames the behaviors on the fact that he was drug addicted or says that they are normal behaviors for a boy. My grandson is a very sweet child and loves to spend time with me but in 5 years, I have only been able to spend time with my grandson away from their home one time. Whenever I ask to take him somewhere, my daughter asks her husband and they have some reason why it's not a good time. My fear is for my grandchild.. Are his behaviors normal or cause for concern?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry I'm confused by the response. Would you like to have a phone conversation now?
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Sorry about this history. Yes he needs to have counselling and attentive care of specialist child behaviour specialist.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. ***** report to authorities if I'm unable to convince my daughter to bring him to a specialist?
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome. Yes, in interest of child the dist. child protection officer should be in loop.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much for validating that I'm not crazy
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Good luck to child.