Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My child is a four year old who is having trouble in his

Customer Question
daycare. Two schools say that...
My child is a four year old who is having trouble in his daycare. Two schools say that he does not join in with other students and does what he wants to do not following their directions i.e. reading time, he will want to continue what he has been playing with. He has been speech delayed and it working with a speech therapist. He is speaking quite well. The daycare says that they are trying to prepare him for kindergarten and he may work out better at a Montessori school. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/10/2016
Pediatrician: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Salama

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Your child needs to be formally evaluated by a developmental specialist.

They will administer special tests to determine if he does in fact have a developmental disorder, learning disability, autism etc.

Your doctor should be able to refer you to the specialist that can provide this evaluation for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Pediatrician: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

Checking in. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Michael Salama
Michael Salama
Michael Salama