Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

Our 18 month old was using potty yesterday evening and fluid

Customer Question
came out of his rear...
our 18 month old was using potty yesterday evening and fluid came out of his rear, clear kind of white cloudy watery stool, no solid no color came out. I was scared, he seemed in no pain, nothing, but we are scared. is there ok reasons this could happen? No fever, eating well today, napping a lil longer, but nothing really bad. drinking his milk fine, and ate his eggs this morning
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/9/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

How is his bowel habit?

Does he pass stool everyday?

How is his diet?

Is there any change?

Thank you for the input.
White stool can occur when there is lack of bile.
Bile secreted from the liver is stored in gall bladder to be released when food enters the gut or intestine.
With the help of intestinal bacteria it gives the stool its normal color.
In case of bowel infection or diarrhea bile can not mix well, stool can become white.
This can occur from the diseases of liver & gallbladder like hepatitis or if there is any obstruction of biliary tract.
It may also occur with medication, diet.
As it occurred once, you can wait & watch.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to consult doctor to have an examination and tests.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician