Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter has had one Varicella vaccination. And has been

Customer Question
exposed to the chickenpox. Is...
My daughter has had one Varicella vaccination. And has been exposed to the chickenpox. Is she safe? I never had the vaccination or had a cases of chickenpox. Should we get a vaccinated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
7/30/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
When did she have the vaccine?

How old is she now?

When was she exposed to chicken pox?

I just noticed that you have gone offline & have not seen my info request.

I am writing the answer.

If you have any question after reading this answer, please feel free for follow up query..

For complete immunization 2 doses of chicken pox vaccines are required.

Current recommendation is 1st dose at 12-15 months and 2nd dose at the age of 4-6 years.

Getting one dose will give some protection.

She may not get the disease or if she gets, it would be milder.

Complication will be less.

As you did not have chicken pox or vaccination before, you can also have the vaccination.

I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician