Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son is four, and he is complaining of his penis hurting

Customer Question
since he got out of...
My son is four, and he is complaining of his penis hurting since he got out of a salt water pool. The tip seems to be a tad blue. It's not stinging when he urinates. Do we take him to the ER?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
5/29/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. SH, Physcian replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Is it tender or sore to touch?

Is there any discharge from the penis?

Are his testes sore to touch?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said it stings to touch, but I'm not seeing any swelling. We had him pee in a clean cup and I tested the urine with an AZO uti strip. It came up negative. I don't see any discharge or blood. His urine is nice and light and seems to be clear. He has gone again since then and said it is starting to feel better. My concern is that the tip is still pretty blue.

Thank you for your response.

Do you have a picture that you could send on here for me to see how blue it is?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no fever, I've checked for a string from his swim suit. He is saying it feels much better when he goes now. He wiggled it without pain and he let me poke each side of his scrotum without pain, so we are going to just watch him tonight. I think he will be ok. Thank you so much for your time!!!

Yes I am sure he will be fine.

Just keep an eye on him.

Please do rate me before you leave.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian