Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son is 16 months old he start regressing when he was

Customer Question
Hello So my son is 16...
Hello
So my son is 16 months old he start regressing when he was around 8-9 months old when we start noticing he was delayed
And from last month he had his first active seziure and now he is having absence seziure
So we have seen two neurologist and they have no answer for us all the generic test is ok
Mri is ok all the blood test is ok and they still can't figure out whts wrong with him and now they are giving us no hope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
5/20/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry your son is not developing like you had hoped for?

how is he regressing?

how old are you or your wife when they had him?

is he now on anti-seizure medications?

have they checked for autism? he might need more time to develop for his symptoms to be more clear to help with diagnosis.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is not doing anything they did I mri and it showed nothing
So now we are in a bigger hospital so we can get any answers
I was 24 and my husband was 33 when he had him
We also have a 5 year old daughter and we are not relative either
He is on the seziure medicine

what do you mean it is not doing anything?

he is not eating, pooping, peeing,

is he crawling?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is pooping and peeping but he is on tube feed now and so basically he is losing all his mile stones

it sounds like he needs to see a pediatric neurologist and a pediatric genetics doctor for testing

to see if he has a genetic condition causing his regression

or a neurological condition possibly

I am glad you are at a bigger hospital.

but you are still not getting any answers?

have they done genetic testing for him?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they did but it was clear and mri was clear and all blood test was clear

did you drink alcohol during your pregnancy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I ever did. It's against my religion

what hospital is he in at this point ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Children's dallas downtown

I can't believe his doctors there can't find out what is going on with your child.

did they think of doing genetic testing for you and your husband ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.
We can't believe it either it's been 7-8 months and they still don't have any answers and they just wanna do more testing

what more tests are they planning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another mri with better imaging spinal tab more genetics skin biopsy and some blood enzymes test

let me know what those tests show.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician