Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 8 year old daughter started with stomach pains on Tuesday

Customer Question
Hi my 8 year old...
Hi my 8 year old daughter started with stomach pains on Tuesday evening. They were worse on Wednesday with low grade temp, pain in her legs and feeling sick. I took her to out gp who said to get it checked out at the local hospital POAU Unit. They did bloods she saw a registra and the tests were normal so they discharged her. The next day it had worsened again and her temp was slightly higher, we had open access for 24 hours so took her back, same happened again bloods normal urine had white cells she was having some pain only once or twice when she was urinating. Discharged again after I asked to see a surgeon for an opinion. My dads a gp retired and says the pain is right where her appendix are. It started in her navel and has gone to the lower right hand side of her abdomen and some pain in her back.. We are now 4 days in and she still has pain not extremely severe but when she try's to do what her twin is doing she has to stop... She is not eating and hasn't been to the toilet for a couple of days now. I am worried that if I leave this it could become more serious, I was thinking I may take her to a different hospital, our local children's hospital in Manchester and they might scan her to rule appendicitis out. Could u please give me your advice. Many thanks Lisa l.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
5/8/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
I am sorry for her symptoms.

Urinary infection can cause such symptoms.

Urine culture can be taken to confirm it.
Your dad is correct that her abdominal pain symptoms are typical for appendicitis.
Ultrasound/ scan can be taken to check for it.
Yes, you can take a second opinion from a tertiary care hospital.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician