Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

I was in with my 11 year-old annual check up. The

Customer Question

I was in with my 11 year-old for her annual check up. The doctor said they normally administer the HPV vaccine a the 11 year old check up. Before I did it, I wanted to be smarter on the topic. I know that various strains of the HPV virus lead to cervical cancer, but are there any down sides to having the vaccine. My kids have all there other vaccines, so I am not an anti-vac person -- I'm just always a little wary to do things in the first few years they are introduced into the market place.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.Usually HPV vaccine is well tolerated & side effects are reported rarely.Allergic reaction can occur.There can be pain in the injection site.Itching, redness, swelling can occur.But they usually subside in a few days.Some can have mild to moderate fever.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish her healthy life.Regards.