Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter has a pretty big bump on her elbow and now there

Customer Question
seems to be more a...
My daughter has a pretty big bump on her elbow and now there seems to be more a few more smaller ones developing in same area. I thought it may have been a wart but after weeks of wart medicine everyday,it has done nothing. This bump gets in her way,it's in a odd spot and was hoping you may have some suggestions. Or what Doctor she should see. I have no insurance and would not want to pay one doctor visit fee only to be referred to another doctor.thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
4/18/2016
Pediatrician: Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

Hi and thanks for the query.

Can you please post a picture of the bump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is at school but I can when she is out at 330.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here's the shots
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I get a response? Or do I have to pay more

Hi and thanks for the reply. My apologies for the delay.

This is in fact a wart. And a big one at that. Warts this size are not easily treated with salicyclic acid preparations. And the ones that have developed around it are because of fumes and spread. I would suggest that you take her to a Dermatologist and have these treated with cryotherapy - a technique in which liquid nitrogen is applied in order to remove the warts. Another effective way will be cauterization. Both can work with good results and early resolution.

Let me know if you have more concerns about this.

Please do rate the answer by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair