Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My son is 15 months and waking nearly hourly from about

Customer Question
2-3am, before that he does...
My son is 15 months and waking nearly hourly from about 2-3am, before that he does roughly 2 3 hour sleeps, and is nursed back to sleep. We have co-slept attachment parented by default/instinct I'm thinking we need to sleep train and its sleep association issues but could there be any medical issues at play? Any insight would be helpful we are all so sleep deprived! Thank you 😊
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
4/10/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

this is very common at his age.

this doesn't sound like a medical issue.

is he napping during the day?

if you can cut down on napping during the day, he might sleep better at night time.

a rocker could help him sleep at night time as well.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He isn't too old for a rocker? Yes he has two naps but becomes very grumpy if he goes without them.

he is not too old for a rocker.

I see.

try to move the naps earier in the day.

that can help him sleep a bit better at night time.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician