Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it normal for my toddler to have cycling low grade fever…

Customer Question
is it normal for my...
is it normal for my toddler to have cycling low grade fever for 3 weeks with no other symptoms
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
2/25/2016
Pediatrician: Dr.S.A Alam, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 2 years ago
Dr.S.A Alam
Dr.S.A Alam, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

Thank you for your question, no it is not normal for a child to have fever, fever is always indicative of infection or inflammation and can be the only first sign as other signs and symptoms may appear later. So it is best to seek a medical opinion including examination and possibly blood complete picture.. Let me know if you have questions,. DO rate as positive, thank you.

Not satisfied with answer

One important thing to remember in toddlers is that they can put anything in the mouth and it is most common site of bacterial infection. Best thing you can do is it check the temperature in the ear, forehead and see for any unusual symptoms like to much crying or twisting of body. IF there are no symptoms then this can be a normal response. But make sure temperature is not above 100. IF yes then i would advise you to seek medical care.