Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I gave my little girl adult aspirin tonite for an ear ache…

Customer Question
I gave my little girl...
I gave my little girl adult aspirin tonite for an ear ache should I take her to emergency as I'm now reading u should NEVER give to a child
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
2/15/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Yes, aspirin should not be given to small children.

For children, we avoid aspirin because it can cause Reye syndrome.

One dose will not affect as she does not have any symptom of viral illness.

You can wait & watch.

Sometimes aspirin can cause gastritis.

If you feel she is having any abdomen pain or new symptom, please take her to doctor.

No need to take hospital now.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish her healthy life.

Regards.

great
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hope the pain is gone and she is behaving normal. If stii in pain, please use Tylenol or Motrin

Ent doc may be consulted.

How is the ear pain now?

You are always welcome.

Wish her healthy life.

Warm Regards.