Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question on my son's mole

Customer Question
Hi I have a question...
Hi I have a question on my son's mole
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
2/8/2016
Pediatrician: dr abid, Board Certified Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Pediatrician

Hi there ..

Thank you for your question ...

Please upload the picture ?

Regards .

I would like to to talk to a dermatologist, not pediatrics.

We already saw a pediatritian - please redirect me to a dermatologist

Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor and have experience with moles and skin cancer.

here are instructions on how to upload a clear jpg photo from a computer so I can help you review it.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

This is Dr. David

thanks for the photo

there are some irregular coloring in the mole but the edges look soft

chances are it is benign.

chances for it to be a malignant melanoma cancer are very very very small at his age.

he is safe to wait 5 weeks to see a dermatologist.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Can you please take a look at more images. Can you zoom on them?

Also, if you think it is benign, can you pls let me know what type of mole you think it is.

Can you please take a look at more images? Can you zoom on them?

yes, I can zoom on them.

I can look at more images, but the computer is still not as good as a dermascope magnifier.

yes, I told you already I think it is benign.

it looks like a benign hyperpigmented nevus.

i will send you another one in 10 mins. Thanks, ***** ***** feel better knowing that you looked at them from diff angles

ok.

yes, I see that same mole tehre.

dark, some uneven hyperpegimentation

most likely still a hyperpigmented nevus.

most likely not cancerous

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

his other ones are almost the same colour, but more flat

you did not even ask what size?

the photos are very clear

I can see hair follicles in the photo.

I is most likely less than 1cm in size.

Its 2mm and there is a hair follicle in the middle of it

these are additional signs that it is a benign mole.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com