Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My grandchild had a small hard lump on the back of her head…

Customer Question
My grandchild had a small...
My grandchild had a small hard lump on the back of her head at two weeks old. She is now 4 mos and it has enlarged to the size of a marble. I am very concerned.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/30/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Was it checked by doctor?

Was any test taken?

Can you send a picture?

I dont have a picture but it is noticable since she has very little hair. No tests were taken. Her pediatrician originally told us that it was calcium but it has gotten larger and is very hard and does not move.
Y

Thank you for the input.

In the back of head there is occipital protruberance.

It is normally present.

However, as it is growing bigger, a chondroma, osteoma or bony growth needs to be ruled out.

I would advise to take an examination by doctor again.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish his healthy life.

Regards.