Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 14 she has asthma and she's being complaining…

Customer Question
My daughter is 14 she...
My daughter is 14 she has asthma and she's being complaining about arm, hand and legs pain also having pain only on her right side of her head and her right hand is shaki since yesterday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/29/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

does she drink caffeine in sodas?

does she play sports? is she drinking enough fluids?

sports can cause sore muscles and shaky fatigued muscles and also can cause low potassium levels if she is not eating enough fruits and vegetables.

dehydration can cause pains and shaky muscles.

She drinks soda every other day and she's very picki with her food

I see

the soda can give caffeine which can cause headaches the days she doesn't drink it.

if she is not eating enough fruits and vegetables, she may not be getting in enough potassium which can cause muscle cramps.

bananas and orange juice have a lot of potassium which can help her not have muscle cramps.

is she willing to drink orange juice and eat bananas?

that could help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com