Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I hope some can help me. My daughter in-law feeds my 13mth…

Customer Question
I hope some can help...
I hope some can help me.
My daughter in-law feeds my 13mth old grandaughter 16 oz of milk all through the night ( 4 oz every time my grandaughter wakes up)
Obesity runs on both sided if her family.
I've noticed my grandaughter getting chubbier and chubbier, I'm very upset, I don't want "that" life for her.
I think the all night milk is a bad Idea, and is causing my granddaughter 'a weight gain as well as possibly ruuning her teeth.
Am I wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/21/2016
Pediatrician: Dr. SH, Physcian replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian

Thank you for your question.

Actually, you are absolutely right.

Over-feeding kids of this age can cause her to be obese.

So I totally agree with you in what you are saying and I would recommend that she should be given less milk than she is being given right now.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done asking.

Kindest regards