Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter "4" has Loose stools, we just whipped her bottom

Customer Question
and the was a spot...
My daughter "4" has Loose stools, we just whipped her bottom and the was a spot of blood.... Her brother has also has stumoch cramps for the last 3 days,.. I'm not to worried about him as he seems a lot better... I'm just a bit worried about the blood on the toilet paper
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/5/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Is she 4 months old?

How many times does she pass stool? When did it develop?

Was there blood in the stool or just on wiping?

Hello
I just noticed that you have gone offline.

I am writing the answer.

If you have any question after reading this answer, please feel free for follow up query.

If the blood is present on wiping only, then it can come from the anal margin.

It can come from trauma from wiping.

Repeated bowel motion & wiping can make the area sore.

It is not worrying.

However, if there is blood in stool, it can occur from from a bacterial or parasitic infection.

Antibiotic can be required then.

An examination by doctor, stool test would be required.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish her healthy life.

Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician