Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I have a 5 yo son who has been sleeping a lot more than

Customer Question

I have a 5 yo son who has been sleeping a lot more than normal the past week
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How long does he sleep? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Is stress increased at home or somewhere else? any medical problem? any surgeries? any medications? any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- wasn't sure how much info to give.-Came home from school Tues after vomiting in class, spiked fever of 102 and complained of sore throat
-Slept all of Wednesday, no more vomiting fever spiking and breaking never higher than 102
- Returned to school Thurs. but came home and slept, had to be woken to go to carnival, came back home and slept 14 hours and had to be woken again (to take other brothers to school)
- Inservice day yesterday so he was home and fell asleep at 12:45 pm, had to be woken several times at 6 pm. Back to sleep at 9:30 and slept another 15 hrs and was woken to check temp.No fever, slight cough, says his throat hurts.Healthy boy 5 years old- no history
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's up now and eating- but he has had a very slight appetite compared to normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

He could have a strep throat if he doesn't have cough or runny nose. You should take him to an urgent care to have a test and take antibiotics if it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've looked- no patches & it's really not red. He does have a slight cough.The number of hours he's sleeping is the biggest concern we have.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

He could have a flu. He could be tired because of it. He would be recovering gradually.