Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

4 yr old with cough for over four days. We've given him two

Customer Question
4 yr old with cough...
4 yr old with cough for over four days. We've given him two different cough medicines yet nothing seems to help. No fever. Cough seems to be somewhat dry with a little congestion and runny nose. The cough is what's bothering me, day and night coughing, what can I do to help relieve it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
10/25/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hello, Sorry about this illness - mostly virus. Please keep him comfortable with sips of warm sugary water with dash of salt, steam inhalations and propping up head end while asleep. Twice before meals please also try to clear upper air way with positioning upside down, slanting on your stretched legs, face down and thumping upper back.

It may take couple of more days and he should be fine.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician