Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 3 year old was released from hospital today with a

Customer Question
diagnosis of viral conjunctivitis. He...
My 3 year old was released from hospital today with a diagnosis of viral conjunctivitis. He had a high fever for 3 days then day 4 he had pokes in his eyes but eyes not pink. Yesterday he didn't open his eyes for 12 hours and I finally took him to hospital. He was admitted and had a CT and bloodwork. This morning he was fine. Now the "pokes" are back on and off and his temp is 95. I'm at a total loss.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Hospital didn't test for meningitis bc he was not stiff or irritable. Saw an Opthamologist who said he was fine. Talked about meeting with neurologist but never did.
9/6/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
Temperature below 95 degrees Fahrenheit is called hypothermia & is considered an emergency.

It can occur from medicine or from infection.
If the temperature does not rise & poking in the eyes continue, I would advise to take him to hospital again.
Now the room environment should be kept warm.
You can make the room heater on.
Hot water bag wrapped in clothes can be kept under his bed.
Please cover him with blanket.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician