Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

Su I am not sure of your response, please explain

Customer Question
Hi Dr. Su...
Hi Dr. Su I am not sure of your response, please explain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
8/27/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Thank you for the input.
Diarrhea can occur from a gastrointestinal infection.
Here the urine output would be low from dehydration.
Fluid loss, low intake can cause it.
I would suggest to have an examination by his doctor again.
Stool test, blood work would help to find the type of infection.
In case of bacterial infection, antibiotic will be needed.

Pedialyte is good.

You can continue it.
I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish his healthy life.

Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada

Pediatrician

M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp

Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta

Pediatrician

MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.

Dr. K.

Dr. K.

Board Certified Pediatrician

Board Certified, Ivy League educated Pediatrician.

Raymond B., M.D.

Raymond B., M.D.

Doctor

I provide medical care for newborns, children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21 years.

Dr. Davidson

Dr. Davidson

Board Certified Pediatrician

Board Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology

David L. Hill, MD, FAAP

David L. Hill, MD, FAAP

Doctor

Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, UNC Medical School. Vice President, Cape Fear Pediatrics.

Dr. Lieberman

Dr. Lieberman

Doctor

Hi: I'm a board certified pediatrician, caring for teens and younger children for the past 12 years.