Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughters is 12 and has been in the sun all day, her

Customer Question
right pupil is smaller in...
My daughters is 12 and has been in the sun all day, her right pupil is smaller in size and she also has a headache, should we take her in to the ER tonight?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/21/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hello, No need to rush to ER, just give her some tylenol or motrin for pain and allow to rest overnight. Please see your regular pediatrician in morning if required. Please give extra fluid also.

If on assessment the pediatrician finds same pupil anomaly, see a pediatric neurologist for further assessment and tests.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician