Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I would like to know by what age is it normal and possible

Customer Question

I would like to know by what age is it normal and possible for a boy to ejaculate sperm? I would specifically like to know if it is possible at all for an 8 year old to release sperm? if an 8 year old has sperm how how common is that? And I would like you to cite the studies and the research to support this.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Hello, The age is not important but sexual development is. Puberty is absolutely required before sperm production starts, in form of muscle development, beard growth and enlarged erectile penis, testes. If there is precocious puberty, at age 8 a boy can have ejaculation if erection and sex act are possible. See link : http://www.open.edu/openlearn/body-mind/health/health-sciences/the-science-sperm

Please rate positively if found post useful and have no further queries.